• Coordinate with accountants for AP tax invoices
• Preparation of declaration of Taxes (Monthly Tax, Yearly Tax…) within deadline;
• Understand, analyse, and process of financial accounting data in order to prepare legal document for submitted to GDT correctly.
• Develop tax strategy and policies to support or maintain company’s benefits.
• Identify tax issues and propose the best solutions to senior management.
• Maintain effective control procedure over all aspects of tax process.
• Manage and provide training support to tax team to grant knowledge and works professionally.
• Dealing direct with GDT for tax audit purpose.
• Coordinate with external tax auditor
• Advising on taxes change
• Preparation on all taxes reports to management
• Internal tax audit if necessary
• Other works to be assigned by management
1. Prepare pre-audit.
2. Perform audit steps and procedures and gathering necessary information to determine adequacy of internal controls and compliance according to the pre-audit and/or evaluation field work section.
3. Get in contact with the branch to organize the staff/team for the audit and/or evaluation field visit.
4. Prepare the working papers files according to the policies and procedures of audit.
5. Impelement audit steps and procedures and obtaining necessary information to determine adequacy of internal controls and compliance.
6. Carry out sampling tests for examinations.
7. Clarify all audit findings with auditees during the process of audit fieldwork to minimize discussion time in the exit conference.
8. Ensure all working papers are completed and in order – initials, cross-references, date, work descriptions, clearance, etc.
9. Write and submit draft audit report to Sr. IAO or HIA
10. Perform other special investigation/examination of specific accounts/areas and spot-check/cross-check, as assigned.
LIM HENG GROUP ( Construction-Building-Architecture )
- Assist audit supervisor/manager in developing internal audit plan
- Assist Audit supervisor/manager to develop audit procedure/program
- Perform audit activity planning and audit executing with effective manner
- Conduct internal audit work on subsidiaries in the group
- Ensure that the organization is complying with relevant laws and regulations
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes
- Assist in identifying and reviewing an organization’s business processes, internal control and risk management and propose solution
- Monitoring the company’s overall risk management policy to ensure it operated effectively.
- Prepares audit report including list of audit finding with appropriate root cause/implication/recommendation/corrective action submit to Audit supervisor.
- Assist audit supervisor to consolidated and prepared monthly audit report.
- Report any problems or issue immediately to Audit supervisor/manager.
4. Follow up:
- Follow up previous audit report to determine adequacy of corrective actions.
- Follow audit plan with the actual result.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing monthly, quarterly and annual performance of businesses
- Perform other duties as assigned by audit supervisor/manager
- Prepare draft annual activities and budget plan;
- Lead IA team to conduct regular internal audit branch and functional department;
- Ensure branch and functional department are performing compliance with policies, procedure, guidelines and
- Recommend improvement in procedures and system to prevent/detect error and fraud;
- Follow up/review the appropriateness of management’s responses/ feedback in the internal control report then
send to direct supervisor in timely manner; and
- Ensure that all hard and soft copy of audit documents are keep track and manageable.
- Work other task assigned by manager.
Location: Head Office-Phnom Penh
Report to: Head of Head Office Audit Department
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute audit field work for business support functions exclude IT functions.
- Review and evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal control policies & procedures and workflow process of company or business function.
- Prepare draft audit report during field work, and submit to Head Unit or team Leader.
- Prepare supporting and properly document.
- Assist Head Unit to provide feedback on risk control matrix, audit program guide and working papers.
- Perform other tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
Location: Head Office-Phnom Penh
Report to: Unit Manager of IA for Issue Validation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with relevant department heads and relevant staff in regarding to perform issue validation.
- Perform the issue validation and execute any assignment by reviewing sample for testing of issues which have been closed including issues raised by NBC, external audit, KS Audit, internal audit of HKL and other regulatory agents.
- Ensure the issues closed by action and issue owner are properly carried out.
- Summary all result of the issue validation with valid recommendation or conclusion to unit manager, relevant department head and internal audit management.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare draft of annual activity and budget plans;
- Assess fraud risk and evaluate the controls at branch and Head office;
- Develop and update audit working papers to ensure consistency to actual audit work and relevance in assessing fraud;
- Perform audit execution at the branches and Head office on fraud investigation;
- Follow up on Departmental and branches’ corrective actions as per the previous audit carried out and ensure implementation and effectiveness of these; and
- Draft report and send to direct supervisor for review.
- Work other task assigned by manager.
• Consolidate and review monthly and annual tax submission in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe for all companies in the Group.
• Build relationships and interact with tax officers.
• Manage and coordinate tax queries and tax audits from GDT.
• Manage tax planning for all companies in the Group, provide innovative tax solution to complex tax issues.
• Review import tax issues.
• Identify and mitigate tax risks.
• Supervise tax accountant in tax compliance related matters and assess the performance.
• Coach and train accountants in the group in tax preparation.
• Maintain sufficient tax provision on general ledger and prepare tax related data requests.
• Improve processes by developing or implementing best practices.
• Protect company financial information and confidentiality.
• Fully responsible for safe keeping and updating of all legal documents.
We are offering internship opportunities to final year students in our Audit, and Tax department in Phnom Penh, Cambodia office. You will work alongside our people on real clients and real situations from January 2019 to March of 2019.
Places are limited and the process is very competitive. If you accept an offer of an internship you will be a fully active member of the team during your time with KPMG. At the end of the programme we hope that you'll have a much clearer picture of what it's like to work at KPMG and where we fit into your career plan.
• Conduct operation and compliance audit at HO/Branches and business units;
• Draft internal audit report for internal audit manager to review;
• Assist in evaluate operation efficiencies and contribute to improve overall structure and practices;
• Assist in develop audit planning and detect key weakness areas;
• Monitor and check compliance with banking regulation and accounting standards;
• Follow up on the progress of implementation and recommendation;
• Assist in tracking all audit issues and management's corrective action to final resolution;
• Assist audit team in conducting spot check;
• Perform other related duties as assigned by line manager.
- Assist Head of Internal Audit to prepare annual audit plan
- Assist Head of Internal Audit to set up internal training course
- Prepare draft audit report for head of internal audit review
- Develops professional capability through on-the-job training and staff training programs
- Assist the Internal Audit Team in the data collection and preparation of risk profiling.
- Perform audit steps and procedures and obtaining necessary information to determine adequacy of internal controls and compliance.
- Assist Head of Internal Audit to complete some administration works of internal audit department such update Prakas and circular, audit check-list
Maxima microfinance ( Banking-Finance-Investment )
- Work with external IFRS specialist in consultation on the implementation process of IFRS.
- Update Finance and Accounting policy, and procedure align with Cambodia International Financial Reporting Standard (CIFRS).
- Prepare month, quarterly, or annual report base on requirement from funders, lenders, and group requirement.
- Prepare and develop template and supporting document for CIFRS
- Prepare financial statement to ensure alignment to Cambodian Accounting Standard and guideline from National Bank of Cambodia.
- Work closely with other department, and the IFRS Committee to support the IFRS implementation
- Research and update for any new IFRS standards
- Assist Head of Finance Department in identifying gaps and impact of IFRS implementation to the company
Conduct operation and compliance audit at branches and business units
Draft internal audit report for Internal Audit Department Manager to review
Assist in evaluating operational efficiencies and contribute to improve overall structure and practices
Assist in developing audit planning and detect key weakness areas
Monitor and enforce compliance with banking regulation and accounting standards
Follow up on the progress of implementation and recommendation
Assist tracking all audit issues and management's corrective action to final resolution
Check compliance with internal established policies, procedures and regulations
Assist audit team in conducting spot check
Perform other related duties as assigned